Lego Star Wars – Ezra’s Speeder Bike (75090): A set picked up from another random lot – this one though had a bunch of weapons and helmets (but oddly no actual minifigs) which was odd – so apologies for that. Either way this is Star Wars – but is Star Wars Rebels which is a CG show that fits in between the original and prequel series. I’ve not watched the show at all – but who doesn’t like a good speedbike?
Time to Knoll: 12 Minutes
Time to Build: 19 Minutes
- Pieces: 267 and 157 Total Steps – Manual (56 Pages)
- Price: $19.99 on Lego and $19.97 on Amazon
- Weight 120 grams
- Combo Points: (8X16X1X1) = 128 points
- Volume (Based on Blob length/width/height): 32mm x 56mm x 96.0mm or 172.0 cm³ however despite my best efforts there are some bits that stick out, plus the pistons so it’s closer to 186.59 cm³
- Uniqueness: 3 out of 5 Stars
- Aesthetics: 3 out of 5 Stars
- Fun to Build: 2 out of 5 Stars
- Hoarding: 3 out of 5 Stars
Normally I could go into something obscure but because I know nothing of the source material I leave that to those who wish to peruse Wookiepedia. I would however like to introduce someone for TopBrick. Now a long time ago something happened and despite my large collection of Lego – I too actually lost a bunch of minifigs, but not accessories. I still have a dozen or so – and one of them has agreed to join the cause here. Some say he can turn his head 340 degrees, and that he prefers to sleep on lightsabers – all we know is that he’s not the Stig, but he is the Stig’s Lego cousin. Called Jeff.
Remix: Since this is a good vs. evil set and there’s 2 bikes – rather than a remix trying to combine the two which I think would be a little garish for color – I decided to try and make two powersuits – one from each (although for symmetry I swapped a few pieces to the other side) – And yes as Jeff shall demonstrate – it is mini-fig scale.
Final Thoughts: While I overall like the design of these bikes – and am glad to add the nice dark green to my collection, I’m just not sure if this would be a set I want – even if I was a fan of Rebels.
Final Score: 2 out of 5 Stars